A couple more things w/respect to our rival........
El Gato de rojo y azul (Regular+; 12514)
Posted on: 07-01-2012.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.47 Safari/536.11
Message views: 192 (Score: 0)
There's a lot of bluster on a few Donkey sites about the disparity between RR's offers and the Bullshitter's or their respective classes. I looked about a week ago on Rivals and RR had offered
2 5* kids
68 4* kids
92 3* kids
20 2* kids.
BSer had offered
3 5* kids
64 4* kids
94 3* kids
15 2* kids.
NOTE: On the 5* kids, only Vernon Hargraves III is available and both schools offered.
Call me crazy, but it looks like they are essentially offering the same type of kids in the same ratios. To me the idea that RR somehow has lower standards than BSer seems pretty weak.
So looking a little further in a VERY unscientific way you could look at what type of interest is being generated by the respective coaches. This shows the kids of each ranking with high or medium on each school.
5* - 1 kids (high or medium)
4* - 30 kids (high or medium)
3* - 78 kids (high or medium)
2* - 13 kids (high or medium)
5* - 1 kid (high or medium)
4* - 32 kids (high or medium)
3* - 67 kids (high or medium)
2* - 14 kids (high or medium)
Yes, RR has signed some "0" star guys. These are guys that haven't been evaluated by a service (from what I keep reading). So RR did his evaluation before the services. Big deal.
Obviously there's a long time to go before signing day, but this idea that RR is offering a different type of kid, or that kids of one star ranking are more interested in ASu over UofA isn't based on reality. Personally, I don't put much into the star system, but if people are going to use it , they should maybe base that on some objective criteria.
- Regarding Recruiting - b_dog, 06-30-2012 (Views: 332; Replies: 32)
- Respectfully Disagree - stedmakr, 07-01-2012 (Views: 244)
- A comment - ValleyCat, 06-30-2012 (Views: 353)
- IF - AgentZero, 07-01-2012 (Views: 113)
- A couple more things w/respect to our rival... - El Gato de rojo y azul, 07-01-2012 (Views: 192)
- I agree that has to be our approach for now, but it makes the margin for error - theOGC, 06-30-2012 (Views: 118)
- OKG our kind of guy? - UAFan_Joe, 06-30-2012 (Views: 146)
- Some of these less highly recruits will probably go up in rankings by November. [nt] - Irish27, 06-30-2012 (Views: 69)
- We are all interested in every offer made, I expect he is recruiting athletes - Black Oaks, 06-30-2012 (Views: 158)
- In addition to your points, which make sense to me... - big cat fan, 06-30-2012 (Views: 139)
- I agree, and will add that I believe... - Wildcat Jones, 06-30-2012 (Views: 205)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Click to report a bug!